First Baptist Church

First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church

First Baptist Church

from 25.00

212 12th Street - Columbus, Georgia.

The Baptist congregation occupying the northern lot of the square was founded on February 14, 1829, under the name Ephesus Baptist Church. The congregation built a small wooden meeting house in 1830, which was later moved to the back of the lot and replaced by a brick building in 1840. Under the ministry of James H. DeVotie, a new structure was dedicated on October 25, 1859, and the congregation has met there ever
since, in 1896 changing its name to the First Baptist Church of Columbus. The Greek Revival structure is the oldest sanctuary still extant in downtown Columbus.

  • Giclée Prints
  • Open Edition
  • Signed by Artist
  • History Included 

11.75" x 36", 12" x 24" mailed in tubes, 8" x 10" mailed in padded envelopes

Size:
Quantity:
Add To Cart